Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another Transfer Concludes

6/21/11

Happy Belated Father's Day,

What a joyous occasion to remember our Fathers both in Heaven and on Earth. The two together work perfectly together to accomplish the Lord's plan. Remember Hebrews 12:9.

Well this week was just great. We had one lesson in particular with our good friend Wayne Hewett, the Vietnam vet and his wife. She said seeing boys as young as we were share our faith had changed her life already. She was eager to hear our message. We shared the purpose of life with her. It was a Spirit filled lesson and we left. Later that night we got a call from Wayne that he would like for us to come back over. We did so and he explained that he and his wife had had "profound spiritual experience with us." He wanted to know more about church attendance and how we could help him quit smoking and such. He was very on board! But he wanted us to call him Sunday morning. We did so, just 48 hours or so later, and he said we wasn't about to jump ship after meeting with us for just a few weeks. He didn't even want to meet with us anymore. We tried explaining that he wasn't joining the church, the first time he came, but he didn't seem to want to listen. The adversary works so hard after such a strong witness of the Spirit. It was such a downer way to start the day. But we still had an awesome Fathers Day and I got to speak in Church on my DAD. What a pleasure.

We were only able to have one lesson with Phyllis this week because she is being kept so busy by members of the ward. They have been inviting her to dinner, events and all kinds of things. She loves it! I guess it isn't such a bad problem to have. Ha

To top off the week of ups and downs I found out that I will be training! I will have my very own greenie coming tomorrow. Which is exciting and intimidating. I am excited for the stretch. And yesterday President Thornock called and asked if I would be district leader. Needless to say this next 6 weeks will be a humbling transfer with deep, deep reliance on the Lord.

Elder Conger and I got along really well and we worked in excellent unity. I am pretty sad to see him go with such a good thing we had here. Well I love you so much. You are always in my prayers! And, if I may selfishly ask for extra strength this week, I am going to need it!

Much Love,
Elder Dumke

No comments:

Post a Comment