Thursday, July 7, 2011

A New Kinda Work

Losing the Car
7/4/11

You are told a mission is hard your entire life. And I am thankful to not be disappointed.

We moved to our new apartment with the help of members and biked a couple miles a day. It has been a blessing hidden within a trial. Something we like to call "outdoor therapy." The Lord was really looking out for me when he put me on a bike at this stage of my mission. (Nothing like a good hill climb to forget about frustration ha) We were able to teach a good amount of lessons this week and find a few new investigators.

One of which was the wife of a guy who gave a Book of Mormon to last week. It didn't seem all that promising, but as we tried back we were able to talk to her on her front step about the restoration of the gospel. She had even begun reading the beginning chapters and mentioned, "She had visited just about every church in Roanoke except the Mormon church or Jewish synagogue."

Other than that all is well. I began taking protein in the morning to gain weight and despite my best efforts I lost nearly ten pounds this week. All the weight I have worked the past 5 months to gain! We are meeting the new mission president tomorrow and will be having interviews with him. Should be great!

Love yall
Elder Dumke

No comments:

Post a Comment