Monday, November 19, 2012

Ah Gratitude!


I love being a missionary.
Today was stake conference and there was a new stake president called for the stake, because the current one was moving to Texas. There were two seventies that came in, Elder Murray and Elder Golden. They explained the revelatory process of calling a new stake president and then invited the old stake presidency to bear their testimonies. The new stake president is a very humble WV man, currently serving of one of the smaller branches. After the testimonies, Elder Golden is part of the curriculum for the church, taught doctrine concerning the Holy Ghost and the Savior. It spurred alot of questions and we were able to discuss it with President after the Conference. It has been amazing to be tutored by President Pitt in the Gospel. I am extremely grateful for it. We were also asked to teach the Priesthood Preview to the 11 year olds turning 12 this year about the Aaronic priesthood in Stake Conference. It went really well.

But now for why I love being a missionary. The Lord is hastening the work. This week we got a referral for HQ for someone who got on Mormon.org and requested a visit. We went and taught him tonight and met his whole family. He had a Book of Mormon once, but lost it, and since Mitt Romeny ran, he became interested in the church. He has been studying Mormon.org and ordered a Book of Mormon off of amazon.com. We had a great first lesson with them tonight and are seeing them again Wednesday. After that we had the prompting to see the Roots. They are doing okay, extremely well considering where they were 1 year ago. We visited with them and had a prayer and they explained that they had been in a fight and Tommy had our number dialed ready to call and talk and then we came. He stayed up till 5 studying the scriptures and had over 25 pictures of the temple on his phone. I am so grateful for the things that are turning him around.

Marcie is doing great. She drove down from Morgantown to come to Stake Conference. Her daughter has been defending the church all week, and John is doing okay. He has had some more complications with his surgeries, so we are praying he will be alright. He continues to have baptism on his mind though. Our Thanksgiving plans are looking great. 10 to 12 Rugby Turkey Bowl, 1 to 3 Thanksgiving with the Longs and the McDonalds (both investigating families), 3 to 5 dinner with the Frosts and a few active members, and 5 to 7 thanksgiving with the Roots (investigator family) and dessert with a recent convert at 8. The day is packed with food, but we are trying to make it as productive as possible.

I am so grateful for you. For your support and love. I recognize that I am below par at sending personal messages and keeping in close contact, but I am so thankful, every time I hear from you. I can't wait to be with you all soon! Sometimes I wonder how much the mission has changed me. This week as I began pondering the temple interview questions, I got a little emotional thinking about how much firmer of a testimony I have of those things. I have known Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, now I feel like, I know the Prophet Joseph and I love him. I am thankful for the restoration and for the Holy Ghost to testify of these things.

Yall be good
Much Love
Elder Dumke

No comments:

Post a Comment