Saturday, June 9, 2012

Good to Chat

5/14/12

Hey there Family

It sure was good to chat with all of you. Really though, it helped me a ton to hear all your voices. Not that much I guess has changed from a few hours ago except we got to see Luke last night. We hadn't seen him in a few months and he has really been humbled. He feels like his life is in shambles and we were finally able to get through at least a little a bit about how much the gospel could help. Believe it or not we gave Alma 32 to read, just for mom on Mothers Day ;). This morning I studied the following chapters a little more in depth and was able to see how closely he is in the exact situation of the people near Onidah. Chapter 33 they basically say thanks for the sermon on faith now what? 34 -  Amulek explains  that it comes down to one great question - whether or not there is a Savior? (v. 5-6) Despite the difficulties and complexities of the gospel it always comes back that Christ died and rose again. I know the power of the atonement and I know that Christ lives today. I love you all so much and can't wait to hear from you again soon.

Love,
Elder Dumke

No comments:

Post a Comment