Saturday, June 9, 2012

Transfer Week

5/29/12 Don't you fret, I didn't forget about you!   This week is transfers and surprisingly I will be staying another one. President called Elder Butler and I in and met with each of us. He told Elder Butler that he would be transferred down to Wytheville, VA to help some struggling missionaries and I would be staying in Charleston for another go around with Elder Syndergaard. I have only met him once, but I am way stoked to be with him. He came out with Elder Maxwells group and is a really cool kid from the one and only Pocatello. It should be a really good 6 weeks. I am pretty happy to be staying in Charleston, I just can't imagine leaving right now. The ward is good and I really love our investigators. Elder Brady is the new assistant so I am way happy to be sharing a ward with him, and Elder Maxwell is the Zone Leader down in Blacksburg (VT). The crazier thing is that there are 12 zone leaders in the mission and this tranfer they are adding a young single adult zone leader so there will be 13. Within the last 2 months there will have 12 new zone leaders, so I am the only remaining one. It kind of feels like Agatha Christie's 10 little indians...   We were able to see Vince after 6 weeks of not being able to see him and we had a great lesson with him. He committed to come to church and then didn't show. It was a big disappointment, because his family really needs the gospel. Luke got back together with his gf after her grandma died and so he started breaking the law of chastity again. There is NOTHING more spiritually destroying then breaking that commandment. He went from the true elect, to hardly giving a care about God. It is black and white what it has done to him. I still love him, but he needs to get his act in gear. Life falls apart everytime he goes back to her. Goodness.   Saturday we had an awesome time helping Angela Dorsey out at the Vandalia festival. Vandalia is what West Virginia was going to be called but called it WV instead. It is culture festival with lots of music and crafts. It is a neat event. We volunteered with the Lyons club and got to serve beans and corn bread. I was dripping in sweat, but it was sweet to get to talk to lots of people!   I had a neat experience with receiving revelation this week and gave me a strong reassurance of the power of the priesthood. On mothers day I told you that story about that guy coming up to us at the gas station and told us about how his cousins were on missions and his fiance was LDS and wanted to have dinner with us. Well this wednesday they took us out. Beforehand they asked if Ashley could have a blessing, becasue she is pregnant and having complications. In the blessing the words didn't come out easy, nothing was that smooth, but I had complete knowledge that their child was a boy and that things would work out for them. I don't know if they knew it was a boy or not, maybe it was just a reminder for me that the Lord knows a lot more than we do. Later that night I had a more sacred experience and found out that I will be coming home early for school in January.    I am jealous of the Montana chill, because it is an oven out here. Hope things are going well. Talk to you next week!   Love yall Elder Dumke

No comments:

Post a Comment