Saturday, October 8, 2011

General Conference 10/3/11

Dear One and All -
 
What a fantastic General Conference session! Saturday we watched both sessions at members homes. It was like being back in SLC or PC minus the hootnanny? pancakes and strawberry topping. My favorite talks had to be by Whitney Clayton on Daniel interpreting the Dream, Carl B. Cook on looking up and President Eyring in Priesthood session talking about pushing a little more. They applied to me personally (even having the dreams).It is amazing the difference conference makes when you go in with a heart full of faith that the Lord's chosen servants will answer your prayers. This years did that more than ever. Sunday we went to the Stake Center to watch it. As we waited for it to begin a less active member walked in. It was a less active we had tracted into a couple weeks back and had been periodically visiting. She came to church last week for the first time in 15 years and this week she brought her non member husband to conference. It was such a blessing to see them there and really feeling the spirit.
 
We had the opportunity to help someone paint this week as well. It was referral from a ward member to help them paint one room and then teach them. As it turned out, when they found out we could help they decided they wanted the whole house painted! We started with one room, priming and painting. She is a neat, nice and lost lady. I really know we can help her.
 
Yesterday I turned 8 months old, still just a babe. I did come to realize the number of turning points I have already had. It seems like as each month clicks away I feel like, "wow this is the pivot of my mission." Nope, I believe this really is 'one eternal round' with each day a new point to turn on. I am so grateful for General Conference to refresh and renew all of our senses to greatness of this gospel.
 
Love ya
Elder Dumke

No comments:

Post a Comment