Sunday, October 28, 2012


9/16/12

Connie Angel did in fact get baptized today. It was awesome. It was a huge feat for her because when she was a little girl her cousin tried to drown her, but she made it through. This week has been really good. We did lots of driving down through Virginia and it was beautiful. The leaves are starting to change and there is no better time to be driving around. Over the last few weeks it has a been a big change in how I do missionary work. 

Elder Klain and I work well together even though we have different teaching styles. He really is good at helping people feel confident in sharing the gospel and we teach to help strengthen their testimonies. It has been such a blessing to work with the members of the ward.

We had an amazing lesson with Sister Surface this week. Over the last few weeks she didn't want to pray in front of us. Like so adamant about it. Last lesson, she starts it off by saying, "Well I would like to start our lesson with a prayer." and then says a perfect prayer. We talked about the temple and helped her understand the blessings of eternal families. She liked it and we can literally see her countenance changing. I am so sorry my emails are so short these days. But I hope it is enough to know that I am doing well, loving Charleston, and I love you like crazy.
Much Love, Elder Dumke


PS. The little 8 year old boy that got baptized is a recent convert family we have been working with to help prepare him. He was baptized today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment