Sunday, October 28, 2012


Transfer Day & Photos 9/30/12

This week is transfers and crazy busy. I will write Tuesday Morning... hopefully.
These are photos of our plan of salvation cake that we kind of made and then taught to Brietta. The lesson went way well!

Dear Family-

I wouldn't have had time to write today, but the new missionaries flight got delayed by an hour. Thankfully I get to send a quick something. It is crazy to think that 20 months ago it was me entering the MTC, trying to prepare for my experience in the field. I am so grateful for the missionaries I had to look up to when I came in, it seems like a lot of pressure to be their first impression of WVCM missionary. Things have going well though. I am still loving serving with Elder Klain and Charleston is great. The picture that i attached sunday of cake was definitely my favorite experience of the week. We taught Brietta the Plan of Salvation by decorating the cake with frosting and sprinkles of each stage. Thankfully I just got a package from MB with cake supplies to save the day. We taught in a members home and it was a really fun and good lesson.

Sister Surface has been super sick over the last week so we haven't been able to see her at all, but the rest of her family was at church and ward members really helped them feel loved. Jill and Alan are friends of member that leaves deep in the sticks. She is at the end and bottom of this holler. It was a miracle we found them, but we taught them two weeks ago and followed up last weeek. She had read the first 13 chapters of the Book of Mormon, done this study called questions of the soul and wrote full answers for each question. The don't have much education, but they said one thing their Mother made sure they understood was to read. And they read well. They have very little, but give us a big bag of fresh homegrown tomatoes each time we come.

General Conference is this weekend and we have been contacting less actives and asking them if we can come and watch it with them, or inviting them to the church. We aren't sure what we will be doing yet, but it will be good regardless. I am so excited for it. Yesterday we had a meeting with President and afterwards he thought it would be good to teach us doctrine after our meetings. He knows so so much and is an amazing teacher. It was so neat to have a personal lesson with him on the law of consecration and stewardship. I have learned so much!

Love yall!
Elder Dumke



No comments:

Post a Comment