Sunday, October 28, 2012

Another Good One

10/21/12

This week has been another good one! I am feeling good, but a little nervous for this next week. Elder Whiting is coming in Tuesday and we will be conducting the Meetings with him and the mission Tuesday and Wednesday.Have you ever thought about the Un-Godly attributes? Things like embarrassed, or negative or stressed.  Knowing that I can get easily stressed, I prayed as we took the sacrament to know what I could do. The talk directly afterwards was on gratitude. A talk given by Elder Nelson a few conferences ago. This week I have decided to replace the word stressed with grateful. I am grateful Elder Whiting is coming to bless our mission. I am grateful to be able to conduct in a meeting to help me grow. I am really excited this thought replacement process. I know that Dumkes are immune to stressing about things... but thought it was a nugget with sharing with the bloodline.

We were able to teach Marcie on Thursday night and it went really well. She is excited for her baptism, and her husband is coming right along as well. Unfortunately she came down with some horrible Bronchitis. She had lung cancer at age 30 so she had to have a lung removed. Of all the people to have lung cancer in WV, she never smoked a cigarette in her life. Coughing is horrendous so her, so she wasn't able to come to church, and we may move it back a week but it might good. She is converted, but we want it to be a special day for her, not a day being super sick.

Thursday we had helped someone for like 20 minutes and then had to run, but we set up to visit them a few days later. She is the daughter of a member in Elder Klain's old area and we had a way good lesson. She is a lawyer in town and is very interested. We are excited about her! Always great to have an investigator that likes to read! Earlier this week I got to go on exchanges with Elder Maxwell. It was the first time in nearly a year getting to serve with him. we have both grown a lot, but it was just like old times being in Cave Spring. Love you all so much1

Yall be careful!
Elder Dumke

No comments:

Post a Comment